Monday, April 16, 2012

Upgrade laptops video card...?

Is it possible to upgrade my laptops video card? I have an Acer aspire 5520 with an Nvidia geforce 8400m g.|||Very difficult to do from what I understand. Exactly like the first person said, cards usually fit specifically into certain laptops and they usually cannot be removed easily and its even harder to put a new one in.|||Don't you mean Graphics card then?

And probably not, all the components in your laptop will fit that particular module, you could possibly check with Acer to see if it would be compatiable?|||WOW! hahaha is this destiny? A big coincidence. Since I own an acer aspire 5520G as well it came with 8400M G but I replaced it since it overheated. Now I am using a 256mb ddr 3 8600M GT.



You can upgrade it :), just go to ebay and search for a 8600M GT price ranges from 80 to 100 dollars. But the last time I check they have a 9650m GT! with 1 gb ddr 2 ram and it is cheap. Anyways I already bought my 8600M GT when I saw it.



You can also go to forum sites such as forums.laptopvideo2go.com



Good Luck! Though since the 8600m gt I got was a bit different since it is 256mb ddr3 I needed to modify the video bios, I just learned the steps online. But if you will buy the 8600M GT 512mb ddr2 on ebay, it will work for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment