Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upgrading Laptop Video card?

I have an Acer Aspire AS6530 Laptop



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115524



And I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade it at all to play newer games? I'm hoping to get dragon age working a lot better than it is. Can I Upgrade the graphics card somehow? I have a slot on the side of my computer, I think its a PCI or as it says "Express slot card", but I'm not sure what I can do with it?

I know with PCs there is a way to turn off intergrated memory chips and use external cards like AGP, but I don't know much about laptops.



Thanks!|||Not a chance in hades. Your laptop doesnt have an interchangable video card|||Sorry, but you can't upgrade video cards on laptop. The only thing that can be upgraded to a point on laptops is the RAM and the hard drive. If you want something you can easily upgrade then you need to go with a desktop.



Anytime you buy a laptop you need to make sure it has everything you want it to have at least when it comes to processor and video card.|||It is possible to upgrade the components of a laptop, including the video card.



However, and I don't mean to sound cruel here or anything, but I honestly feel that upgrading your laptop is beyond the scope of your ability and knowledge and you should not attempt it.|||Unless you have a top of the range laptop you cannot change anything inside of it, because the system is all integrated. For Gaming of to-days games a desktop takes some beating.|||The only way to upgrade the video is to get a new laptop. PS the PCI ports on the side is for accessories like card readers.|||no not with laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment