Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upgrading Laptop Video Card?

Hey guys,



Just wanted to run something by really quick. I've been playing a MMORPG called Rift (similar to WOW, but not really) and I was curios since my FPS are pretty bad if I could update/replace the chipset in there right now? Currently I have a Asus laptop K60IJ Series w/ Vista @ 2.20GHZ, 4GB mem, and Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family as my graphics card. Since it's a chipset it's not integrated into the motherboard right? Would I be able to purchase a better graphics chipset and replace the old one? Any insight would be appreciated.



Oh and any suggestions on a chipset would be great too.



Thanks,

Chris|||The chipset IS integrated to the motherboard, and can not be removed.



A chipset is not a graphic card, but a series of the computer chips that are integrated to the motherboard circuiting. Removing anyone of them will cause an unusable motherboard.|||Same card as mine, Intel graphics is a piece of junk. unfortunately, laptop graphics can neither be removed nor upgrade (Newton's 4th law of Conservation of laptop graphics)|||Impossibility only if your laptop is sole Video Card|||not possible. and it is integrated

No comments:

Post a Comment